Friday, March 25, 2011

Recommendations-- funny, fierce, and friendly.

I want to share with you some of the things that have made me happy today, both of which came from friends I don't see a lot of, but who I stay in touch with on facebook -- people might be skeptical about facebook, but for me, it has allowed me to maintain relationships that I most likely would have lost otherwise.

My old friend Mia Antonelli, who I met in high school when we were in Drama together, has become a gorgeous, talented, professional actress. She has an amazingly funny youtube series called "The Glide." Each episode is just a few minutes long and features Mia as Rebecca and Kamen Edwards as Barrett, and they are two DJs in the Delilah tradition. It's super hilarious and they just put a new episode up!  Highly recommended viewing. A link to their first episode is below, and you really should watch several, as their relationship builds in hilarious ways:



This second recommendation comes via my friend Sean...
His taste in music would usually be pretty far away from mine, I think, since he was rocking out to punk in New York with ears full of piercings and clothes full of safety pins while I was listening to my parents' Beatles records. However, he put out a confident clarion call to everyone on facebook to go check out the band Young the Giant and particularly the song "My Body" -- this song is awesome!  I have already listened to it twice and checked out the band's other songs, which are also good. "My Body" is definitely my favorite -- it's got the strongest beat, whereas the others are less catchy, but softer and moodier.


In other news, despite the car we were driving to Tahoe breaking down about an hour away from our destination, crashing with friends of my parents for the night, and having to work out alternative driving arrangements,  the ski trip was an amazing success!  I only took a couple of tumbles, and there was so much powder that it was mostly a matter of my ski getting stuck and me flying out of my bindings. Mostly I just went zipping down the hills -- I tend to ski with more recklessness than skill, but I had a great time. I wish we could have stayed longer! I hadn't been in snow like that in years and it was such a trip -- especially because our main day of skiing, Tuesday, was sunny and gorgeous and warm.... until you fell in a snow bank. It was so fun to hang out with friends all weekend and it made it a lot easier to bear PDK being away. He's gone for 11 more days... sigh.

7 comments:

Melinda said...

I'll have to go and check it out, laughing is always a great thing! :)

Kristin Aquariann said...

Tee hee, your friend Mia and her fellow actor Kamen are super cute. Fun YouTube series! ^.^

Great song, too! I'll have to check out more by Young the Giant.

And yay, glad you had fun on the ski trip!

Amanda said...

I'm so glad you had fun on your trip! Even with the detour getting there. :)

Anonymous said...

That first video looks pretty funny- there are some hilarious videos on YouTube!

T@PoppyPlacePdx said...

I am so jealous of your trip to Ireland.

Haven't been for a long time.

I think FB is great for keeping in touch as everyone is so on the move. But I still love to write letters. :) T.

Katherine said...

This was funny! Thanks for sharing :) And btw I just found your blog..so fun to read about your adventures and to find somebody in SB (one of my favorite California cities!)

www.featherfactor.com

MDS said...

Glad you all enjoyed the links! I am working on some new posts.... just gotta put them together!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...