Monday, April 25, 2011

Santa Barbara Skies

I've been taking lots of pictures over the last few months, and I thought I would share some of the gorgeous skies we've had in Santa Barbara recently.

I took these pictures on a warm and clear Friday morning when I was walking some Etsy deliveries down to the post office last week. I love the way the clouds slumber on top of the ridge of the Santa Ynez mountains just north of town. I wish I could capture on camera their simultaneous solidity and ethereality.







On my way back from the postoffice, I stopped by Renaud's Patisserie and Bakery and picked up some gorgeous croissants for breakfast: pain au chocolate and one covered in almonds.




A few days later I was walking home and I didn't have my camera with me, but I just grabbed my phone to try to capture some similar clouds piling up on the corner of the ridge, behind the tower of a giant old movie palace called the Arlington Theatre.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

How lovely! Thank you for sharing! <3

Melinda said...

Wow, those mountains are gorgeous. The mist clinging to them makes them appear mystical/magical. :)

Kristin Aquariann said...

Gorgeous skies! And wow,those croissants look scrumptious!! *drool*

Unknown said...

Those pictures are gorgeous!
Also...I want that chocolate croissant =D

♥ Gina Michele
CrochetClouds

Unknown said...

Beautiful photos! I've never been to SB. Would love to see more pics of your town:)

magdamagda said...

I love the pictures! Back in Romania we used to say the mountains are smoking when clouds are so low!:)

MDS said...

@magdamagda -- I love that idea! It looks just like a blanket, too, but I love the idea of the clouds as smoke.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...